Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a trip back east...

So, it has been almost a month since I've published anything..... oops!!  I've been busy busy ((as you will soon see as I play blog catch-up!))  First things first.... my trip back east!!

Instead of writing a novel detailing my trip, here are the highlights:

  • MOMA:  Visited the Women and Photography exhibit {so excited that I got to see some of the artists I spent most of college studying!}
  • Train to NJ:  That was definitely eventful!  An hour and a half train ride turned into almost 5 hours because a 17 year old kid was lying on the train tracks.  The conductor honked the train's horn and put on the emergency brakes, but the kid did not move.  Most surreal night of my life.
  • Family Birthday Party:  Saturday afternoon was spent with my East Coast family!  Ate some delicious pizza and cake, drank some wine, and played Catch Phrase.... so fun!
  • A weekend by the beach:  Which was spent inside because, a. it was cold!, and b. we all got sick :(
  • NBC Studio Tour and Top of the Rock:  Brittaney, Lauren, and I went on the NBC Studio Tour (not really worth the $30) and saw the SNL stage and learned a little bit about how they do their make up {each actor and host makes a ceramic bust of their face, and the make up artists use that to create their masks, etc.... Anytime an actor gains or loses 5 pounds, they have to remake their bust -- Alec Baldwin holds the record for the most made, lol}.... Afterwards, we went to the top of 30 Rock!  That was definitely worth the $$!!  Absolutely beautiful!










        

  • Shopping in Soho:  To end my trip, we did a little shopping in Soho.... :)
It was a pretty amazing trip!!  Loved every minute of it, and I can't wait to go back!  



2 comments:

  1. Your photos of NYC are beautiful. I would seriously consider buying some from you to put with my other New York artwork but I have no wall space so when I move, I am seriously going to give you a call. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the all! The Top of the Rock Pics are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete