Wednesday, February 16, 2011

weekly inspiration, part 1...

My cousin, JW, turned me onto this great website, MCP Actions (http://www.mcpactions.com/, if you want to take a look).  Not only do they have upgrades to Photoshop (some of which are free) and tutorials/tips, but they are also hosting a great project that is perfect for the photographer that is "stuck in a rut" {like me}!

The project is this: 

In photography, as with any job or hobby, it is easy to get into a rut. If you have ever needed a little photography lift, challenge or some inspiration, that is what the new MCP Project 52 is all about. Imagine taking pictures once a week just because you feel like it. Visualize photographing something while not pressured for the perfect shot.  Envision shooting just for yourself. Every week for up to 52, starting today, you can join MCP Project 52. You will be able to shoot something important to you, like your child, nature, the city, or something silly you just notice, like your toenail polish chipping. Or if you are up for a challenge, you can even play along with our weekly suggested theme.

I am starting a bit late, but I am still so excited to participate in such a great project!!  My New Year's resolution was to start working on my photography again, and this is the perfect motivational tool!  Not only will it force me to break out the camera at least once a week, but it also will give me some inspiration to find some new subjects!  (If you are interested in finding out more about the project, or want to check out their site, click the box to the right!)

This week's theme is "Open Your Heart".  I have chosen to use a photo that I posted from this past weekend. It was taken in Seal Beach, CA, and I just decided to draw a heart in the sand in honor of Valentine's Day.  Even though the heart was badly drawn with my toes, I think the photo came out great -- I especially love that a portion of it was washed away by the ocean.  Looking out at the ocean has always given me a great feeling of peace, and in a way, this photo is a great representation of that... The ocean had taken a part of my heart in the sand, just like it holds a portion of my own heart.  {That may have been the cheesiest thing I have ever said, hahaha!}


Open your heart...

1 comment:

  1. beautiful pic, as I've said before!
    and so happy you are participating...
    xo,
    JW

    ReplyDelete